2019 Basic Paediatric NDT Course (based on the Bobath Concept)
This multidisciplinary post-graduate course covers the assessment and treatment of children with cerebral palsy/cerebral-motor disturbances, presented under the auspices of the South African Neurodevelopmental Therapy Association (SANDTA)
The course covers a problem-solving approach to the assessment and management of individuals with cerebral palsy, from childhood to adolescence. It includes:
- UnderstandingTypicaland AtypicalDevelopment and its implication on Functionand Participation.
- Observation and Analytical skills.
- Up-to-date Neuroscience and Theories of MotorControl.
- Individualised management plans for each child, including Postural Management.
- Orthopaedic and Medical aspects from a therapist’s perspective.
- Multidisciplinary approach, including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy aspects
DURATION: 6 weeks contact tutoring with additional online modules to be completed before the course starts
WHO CAN APPLY? Qualified physio-, occupational and speech therapists.
APPLICATION FORMS: to be downloaded from www.sandta.org.za
BLOCK 1: 29thJuly - 16thAugust 2019 (3 weeks)
BLOCK 2: 20thAugust -6thSeptember 2019 (3 weeks)
THE BIG EMPHASIS THROUGHOUT THE COURSE WILL BE ON TEACHING SOUND CLINICAL REASONING
8 - Week Bobath NDT Course
Block 1 Date:
29th Jul 2019 - 16th Aug 2019
Block 2 Date:
20th Aug 2019 - 6th Sep 2019
Wits Parktown Campus
Course Leader, Physiotherapy Tutor
R27100.00 - SANDTA Members / R29800.00 - Non-members SA & Africa / R32800.00 - International
051 436 8145
086 275 2869